Heat Pumps: A 2-in-1 Home Comfort System
A perfect hybrid of cost, comfort & convenience, heat pumps offer an ideal year-round home comfort solution for houses in a moderate climate – for example, Vancouver and the surrounding area.
They are also well-suited for homeowners who are looking for a cost-effective, energy-efficient home heating and cooling system with a minimally invasive setup.
Heat Pump Rebates in Your Area
Are you interested in installing a heat pump in your home and want to learn more about available rebates?
Depending on location, residents of British Columbia may be eligible for rebates from $3,000 – $9,000 on the purchase of a new heat pump for the home.
What is a heat pump?
Simply put, a heat pump is an HVAC system that is installed outside your home and, at a basic level, works to cool it down in the hotter months and warm it up in the colder months.
It is very similar to a traditional central air conditioning system, but unlike AC, can also work as a heating solution, providing homeowners with year-round comfort.
How does a heat pump work?
In the summer, heat pumps work by transferring (or pumping) warm air from the inside of your home and utilizing refrigerant to cool it down to provide you with a much more tolerable indoor temperature.
And in the colder months, they do more or less the opposite: pulling cold air from your home’s air and using it to warm up the inside of your home.
The functionality of heat pumps means homeowners can make the most of these systems every season for consistent home comfort all year round.
What is the difference between a heat pump and a traditional central air conditioner?
The primary difference between a heat pump and central air is the heat pump’s ability to heat your home in the cooler months, offering you the benefit of year-round comfort that central AC lacks.
With central air conditioning, you still need a completely separate system to provide you with heat throughout the winter; installing a heat pump gives you a 2-in-1 HVAC solution that keeps you covered throughout every season.
What are some advantages of heat pumps?
Heat pumps offer a range of benefits for homeowners who may require an alternative to traditional central air conditioning systems.
- Year-round home comfort: Heat pumps can function as both a home cooling and heating system, allowing you to stay cozy in every season.
- Cost-effective & energy efficient: Heat pumps are generally a more energy efficient choice than traditional central air conditioning systems, helping you keep your energy bills lower while maximizing home comfort.
- Ideal for less extreme climates: Vancouver & the surrounding area is less susceptible to the climate extremes most of Canada experiences. Heat pumps offer an affordable & energy efficient alternative to more traditional HVAC systems that are more suitable for this climate, such as a gas furnace.
- Long-term reliability: Heat pumps last an average of 15 years and tend to need less in the way of tune-ups & maintenance along the way, for a dependable, long-term investment in home comfort.
- Rebates for installation: Residents of British Columbia are eligible for rebates on the installation of new heat pumps in their homes. Click to see information about rebates for new heat pumps in your area.
Are heat pumps energy efficient? Will they save me money on energy costs?
Heat pumps offer homeowners a very energy-efficient year-round HVAC solution. They’re not as expensive to run as a traditional central air system, and as a result, can help you save money on your monthly bills while helping you maximize year-round home comfort for you and your family.
Is a heat pump right for my home?
A heat pump may be the right HVAC solution for your home rather than a more traditional heating & cooling system.
You may want to consider a heat pump if you’re looking for:
- Consistent, cost-effective home comfort all year round – a way to keep cool in the summer and warmer in the winter, all at lower energy costs
- An efficient home heating & cooling system that is more ideal for more temperate climates, such as Vancouver & the surrounding cities, towns and communities
- A long-lasting home HVAC system (up to 15 years) that requires less maintenance for continuous operation
In short, a heat pump is a perfect 365-days-a-year heating & cooling solution for homeowners looking for a balance of affordability, convenience, and home comfort in climates such as Vancouver & the surrounding areas.
Where can I learn more about heat pump installation & services?
The certified pros at Moore & Russell offer a range of home heat pump services , including installation, maintenance and 24 hour repair services across the following areas:
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
- Port Coquitlam
- New Westminster
- Langley City
- Maple Ridge
Heat Pump Rebates in BC
Am I eligible for a heat pump rebate?
Depending on your location within the Vancouver area, you may be eligible for rebates from $3,000 – $9,000 on the purchase of a new heat pump for the home.
How much can I get in heat pump rebates in my area?
Residents of Vancouver are eligible for rebates of up to $9,000.
Residents of North Vancouver are eligible for rebates of up to $5,000.
Residents of West Vancouver are eligible for rebates of up to $5,000.
Other Cities in the Greater Vancouver Area
Residents of Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, New Westminster, Delta, Ladner, Richmond, Langley City, Mission, Maple Ridge & Abbotsford are eligible for rebates of up to $3,000.
Call Moore & Russell at 604-256-5323 to learn more about rebates from a new heat pump installation near you today.
How do I get heat pump rebates?
Rebates are available for new residential installations of heat pumps in Vancouver & the surrounding areas.